Thursday, April 3, 2008

2 minutes and 17 second final eval


Boy do I love end of semester final evaluations! Why? It means you can learn what you did, what you need to improve, and what you flat out suck at. Oh, and you can talk about yourself for a good hour or so. Juuuuuuuuust kidding.

So, my clinical group were to have our final evals during our clinical hours. We all had a deal: once your eval is done, you're free to go. Seems like a fair and great idea, no? It is, if everyone were to stick to the group-imposed time limit. We all agreed to have a maximum of fifteen minutes for our final eval which is plenty of time to talk about: 1) how you think the rotation went 2) what your goals are for next time 3) what you could impove on. Roughly five minutes a section, right? One of my group members TALKED FOR AN HOUR. SIXTY MINUTES. I understand if you want to elaborate or want to talk about yourself but what about the rest of us? Oh, dear.

Side note: My final eval took 2 minutes and 17 seconds to complete. Oh the differences between males and females make me smile.

No comments: